Why do we need a PSO?
The PSO supports the Westgate community through
- Grants for Teachers...because they know best what benefits each class each year
- New Library Books…so our children don’t read the same books for six years
- A School Play…because every kid needs a chance to discover their passion
- Classroom Supplies for Teachers…so they don’t have to buy pencils with their own money
- Family Events…because kids need some time to let loose and make memories
- Art in the Classrooms…so our students can connect to the world in a different way
- School Assemblies…to build and foster community, learning and inspiration for our kids
- Safety Patrol…to keep our children safe, foster leadership and provide a sense of pride
- Buses for Fieldtrips…because getting there is half the battle
Why do we need you?
The Westgate PSO couldn't do what it does without your help! We're a group of volunteers and we welcome you to lend your voice and experience, help out at an event, raise funds, organize new activities...however and at whatever level you can be involved, we value your contributions. Plus, it's a great way to engage and connect with Westgate staff, families and community!
From the ice cream social in the fall to the Carnival in the spring, PSO events foster community spirit among Westgate families. We also support our staff through monthly luncheons and volunteering at the school. Volunteering will likely look different this year, but we still depend on you!
Find out about volunteer opportunities here.
Anyone that is part of the Westgate community is welcome at the monthly PSO meetings. During COVID19, these meetings will be held virtually via Zoom on the third Wednesday of the month from 6:30-7:30pm.
Find out details and see past meeting minutes here.
We depend on the community's participation in fundraisers throughout the year and one-time and monthly donations. You can also help raise money for the PSO through programs like AmazonSmile and Shop with Scrip which donate small percentages of your regular purchases to the PSO.
Learn more about donation options here.